Saturday, December 4, 2010

Just Got My Nails Did @ Modern Touch

Okay this is not related to natural skin care in any ways but it is still related to beautifying and pampering yourself. I just recently paid a visit to Modern Touch, a newly opened nail salon. Located in the south side of Edmonton close to Argyl Plaza, co-owners, Lan and Trish,  opened the nail salon together in November.  Both ladies have been working in the beauty industry for 3 years and still constantly practicing to improve and perfect their skills. Using OPI and Colour Club lines, all sort of bright bold colours and glitter can be found here, not to mention their specialization in nail art.  The salon is spacious with calming atmosphere with friendly and attentive service.  There are hair salon station, a waxing room, as well as a massage room that they eventually want to rent out.  Whether it's Minx Nails from Sex & the City you're looking for, or Harajuku style 3D nail art, the girls can create one of a kind custom designs that will make heads turn. 

 





 Christina getting her gel on.

I was really happy with my manicure.  It took around an hour but Trish really took the time and paid close attention to details.  She asked me what design I wanted and gave suggestions on how to make it better.  The hand massage was extremely relaxing and I would go there just for that.  The design turned out really pretty.  Manicure is $15.  



There are several grand opening promotions going on.  This includes 10% off your first service, refer a friend for $5 off, as well as 50% off gel nails. So give them a call at 780-428-1777 and come check it out!

Find Modern Touch:
on Facebook
on Kijiji
on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. i completely LOVE them. Trish is my normal nail girl but Len is right now cause Trish is on mat leave. I really hope more people see how talented these two are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to genuinely thank you for your information regarding Modern Touch. I really can't handle places like Vo's (I mean, give me a mask if what we're breathing in isn't what my manicurist doesn't want to breathe in...and yes, I have taken esthetics at the Alberta Aesthetic Acedemy of Alberta in WEM, so I know what's in the cheap stuff they pretend not to use, but still do [don't go if pregnant or breastfeeding to Vo's and such places]). I almost went into the little salon in Southgate Mall by The Bay until I saw the horrendous reviews and the great reviews about Modern Touch that eventually lead me hear. I promise to give you a review of my own, but I felt it important to not only thank but also inform us women about products containing methylmethacrylates or MMAs that very popular chains use to keep the little guys like this salon and others like it from being as successful as they should be. By the way- if they aren't using foils that support gel nail and are using tips...they aren't gel nails. Tips are for acrylics and just use a gel overcoat. Gel nails (not just overcoats) are way healthier to your nail than acrylic can ever be and most places refuse to do them because they can't do them or refuse because they take a long time. Expect to spend an hour a hand, but a good set of gels are so worth it!! Make sure the nail technician files your natural nail well as to create tooth so they don't just pop off. If they do, they didn't file them down enough.

    ReplyDelete