Friday, May 21, 2010

Fish Spa

One of the most recent spa treatments that has gained a lot of popularity is a foot or pedicure treatment by Garra Rufa fish, also known as “Doctor Fish.” Feet are emerged into a small pool or filled with these little carp who eat away at the dead skin on your feet.  The "Doctor Fish" spas initially started in the Middle East particularly in Turkey.  In 2006, resorts in Hakonne, Japan started bringing in the fish spa treatment.  Currently, there are fish spa widely offered all over the world.


My Experience
These fish spas are all over Thailand.  I tried a session for 15 minutes and I decided to go in the pool with smaller fish.  After going in, the whole school of fish swarmed at my feet and even though there were 2 people in the pool, they were mostly interested at my feet (I guess there was much to work with). If you are ticklish, then this will not be an option.  It felt a bit tingly and I could feel the suction on my feet (but thousands of suctions at the same time).  I was told that the bigger fish bite even harder so I decided to stay with the small ones.  Afterwards, I definitely felt a huge change.  My feet were much softer and the doctors did a good job of cleaning them up! 




No comments:

Post a Comment